Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Thursday, 6 October 2016
Thursday, 8 September 2016
A wise person said “change is the only constant in life” and when thinking about the new school year it is clear that we are in for a great deal of change:
- The K-9 curriculum is beginning to be rolled out.
- The 10-12 curriculum is nearing its final form.
- Assessment and reporting are being revamped.
- You are meeting new students, perhaps teaching a new grade or subject.
- Colleagues have moved on and new ones have joined your staff.
Before you start to hyperventilate please remember:
- You should see a pay raise – 1% as of July, as well as the ESD (Economic Stability Dividend). Check your pay stubs.
- You are bright and well-educated.
- When it comes to implementation of the new curricula it is expected that we will explore, attempt, and adjust according to our professional judgement and our students’ needs.
- Teachers are dedicated, determined and resilient people.
- You get to play with robots, write code and do other cool stuff.
- You need to remember to take care of yourself – find a life/work balance.
- Help is available – remember to reach out.
May the 2016-17 school year bring you new learning, exciting experiences as well as the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference in students’ lives.
Michele and Mary
Posted by Peace River North Teachers' Association at 15:21
Thursday, 16 June 2016
Thank you for all you do for students, colleagues and the PRNTA!
We want to wish all of you the best summer ever!
- spend time with your loved ones
- travel safely
- visit old friends or make new ones
- sleep restfully
- travel to new places or return to favourite places
- relax & renew
- pursue hobbies or find new interests
All the best from Michele and Mary!
Posted by Peace River North Teachers' Association at 12:07
Posted by Peace River North Teachers' Association at 10:40
Friday, 6 May 2016
Thursday, 25 February 2016
New Curriculum Implementation Day
February 26, 2016
The BCTF has worked on our behalf to ensure that we would have an opportunity during the work day to explore the curriculum we will be teaching next year.
Many of your colleagues have volunteered to facilitate information sessions as well as be available to answer questions as they arise. Be sure thank your colleagues who have taken on this work.
Please be aware that this implementation day, as well another to be held on May 16th, is intended to be used only for this purpose. Please do not engage in other activities.
Enjoy learning together as you begin to explore the new curriculum!
Posted by Peace River North Teachers' Association at 14:57